LIFT uses a venture philanthropy approach to support not-for-profit organizations to become sustainable and more effective at delivering measurable social impact.
Our venture philanthropy approach differs from traditional granting agencies by investing a valuable combination of skills, expertise and resources in not-for-profit organizations to improve their capacity to deliver greater social impact.
Highly engaged relationships
- We provide hands-on management support to a small number of not-for-profit organizations over a three-year period
- We collaborate to develop and implement a strategic LIFT plan to increase sustainability and effectiveness
- We target funding to the core needs of the not-for-profit organizations to improve their sustainability and operations
- We focus on building capacity to achieve scalable and measurable growth in social impact
- We engage a diverse partner network of businesses, service providers and other professionals that provide pro bono expertise to meet the specific needs of the not-for-profit organizations
- We leverage financial investments with the value-added expertise of our LIFT team and partner network to deliver measurable social impact.
Measurement and accountability
- We work with the not-for-profit organizations to establish benchmarks, performance metrics and evaluation processes
- We emphasize financial accountability and provide regular reporting to our investors
Venture philanthropy applies the concepts of venture capital finance and business management to philanthropic investments. We combine the power of funding with value-added expertise to help not-for-profit organizations be more sustainable and effective. With a hands-on approach to improving organizational capacity and growth, venture philanthropy is an effective method for delivering greater social impact.