Criteria for SPO Applicants
The application process is open to SPOs across Canada (with the exception of Quebec). LIFT will work with the 10 SPOs to expand their reach, impact and organizational effectiveness to ensure newcomers to Canada experience improved social well-being and economic outcomes.
Please note that Better Beginnings, Bigger Impact is not a granting opportunity, but rather a collaborative partnership opportunity to support the growth of the selected SPOs.
To apply, SPOs need to fulfill the following criteria:
- Organization is currently serving newcomers.
- Organization has the opportunity to affect meaningful change in the newcomer experience.
- Organization can demonstrate impact in one or more of the following ways:
- Increased language capabilities in French or English
- Increased employment outcomes
- Improved community connections and sense of belonging
- Reduced isolation and dependence on government assistance
- Annual revenue of organization meets a minimum of $750,000 and comes from more than one source.
- Organization is committed to increasing capacity and improving organizational performance.
- Organization is ready to scale or grow in order to support more newcomers to Canada.
If your organization is able to answer yes to each of these questions, please click here to proceed with completing the Request for Qualifications form.