Social Purpose Portfolio
Partner since: March 2017
“During the merger process, LIFT’s work allowed a new Board and a new management group to focus their energy to specific goals such as measurement framework, leadership, fund development and social enterprise.”
Lydia Sai-Chew, CEO
Through collaboration, Skylark wants to build social, emotional and developmental capacity for children, youth and families with complex mental health and/or developmental needs. This will allow them to enhance their well-being, resilience and capabilities to reach there full potential. Skylark is a recent merger between two agencies in Toronto, Oolagen Youth Mental Health and Delisle Youth Services. Skylark offers a diverse range of programs and services, including: walk-in services, residential programs and centralized access to residential services, wraparound services, on-going counselling services, and specialized support for those with multiple, complex special needs.
Support Skylark’s transition into a fully integrated agency and increase its social impact.
Strengthen its leadership in the sector and build social enterprise initiatives to sustain and increase social impact.
- Supported the recruitment process to hire a senior leader to amplify growth
- Developed growth strategy underpinned by a new performance measurement system
- Navigated Skylark through change management process and succession planning
- Defined fundraising responsibilities of the Board, based on best practices
- Alignment and combined capacity has attracted more funding and resources – annual fundraising revenues increased 55%