Social Purpose Portfolio
Partner since: September 2015
“LIFT truly provided Rise with added capacity to develop and adopt a thoughtful and robustly informed scale strategy. They took us through a patient and measured process, adding value at each step and helping us achieve what we came to understand together as essential to the development and adoption of a successful scale strategy.”
Jodi Butts, Former CEO
Rise empowers entrepreneurs with mental health or addiction challenges with access to financing and business advisory support. Recognizing the interdependency of financial wellbeing to one’s overall quality of life, Rise provides low interest small business loans, training, and mentorship to individuals facing barriers to employment. Through its programs, Rise provides access to capital and business mentoring to its clients, so they can pursue self-employment opportunities.
Expand and increase impact on a national level over the next five years, so more people facing barriers can benefit.
Develop an implementation plan, fundraising strategy, and governance model to guide the organization’s growth in the near-term
- Supported recruitment and hiring of Chief Operating Officer to help lead growth
- Identified priorities to address through a comprehensive review of operations, programs, IT and fundraising
- Improved measurement systems to capture social impact
- Created a strategy to grow Rise’s impact within Ontario and nationally
- Helped secure several new key funders who committed to long-term agreements
- Implementation of strategy underway: Rise entering into two new markets
- Annual loan volume increased 40%.