Social Purpose Portfolio
Partner since: September 2016
“With LIFT’s invaluable and timely partnership, Indspire’s team is now well positioned to take on our vision that every Indigenous child graduate within the next generation. Our charity has a stellar record for delivery and a solid national reputation. LIFT has helped address the missing infrastructure and strategy to move us to the next level.”
Roberta Jamieson, President & CEO
Indspire’s vision is to enrich Canada through Indigenous education and by inspiring achievement.
It invests in the education of Indigenous people for the long term benefit of these individuals, their families and communities, and Canada. It serves First Nation, Inuit, and Métis students in remote communities, rural areas and urban centres across Canada. In 2017-18, Indspire awarded $14 million through 5,000 scholarships and bursaries to Indigenous students across Canada. Selected by the Financial Post as one of Canada’s Top 25 Charities worthy of a donation.
Make a great social purpose organization even better by supporting Indspire to improve education outcomes for more Indigenous youth and students across Canada.
Build additional organizational capacity, improve performance measurement, data management and technology alignment, enhance brand awareness, and explore opportunities to diversify revenue.
- Supported the recruitment of a Chief Operating Officer to optimize day-to-day operations and service delivery, and allow the CEO to focus on growth and long-term sustainability
- Established priority initiatives to inform high-level strategic planning
- Created a strategic measurement framework that establishes key performance indicators, as well as programming and partnership criteria, to inform decision making
- Built additional capacity allowing for a renewed focus on strategic partnerships and fundraising
- Student applications for bursaries increased by 70% and individual giving increased by 50%.