Director, Social Impact
LIFT Philanthropy Partners
LIFT is seeking a Director of Social Impact to join their Toronto office. This role will be instrumental in supporting the planning, capacity building and scaling of Social Purpose Organizations (SPOs) in LIFT’s portfolio to affect meaningful and measurable impact that drives social change. Reporting to the Chief Impact Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the overall business goals of the SPOs by driving the development and implementation of the LIFT Plan, with focus on planning, management, assessment and reporting for each project. This role liaises closely with LIFT’s internal Social Impact Team and LIFT’s Partner Network to ensure seamless service delivery.
As the ideal candidate, you hold an undergraduate degree in business and/or related social service and an MBA with evidence of ongoing leadership development. You are an outstanding communicator and have demonstrated experience leading teams, managing complex change and setting strategic direction in an entrepreneurial and project driven environment. You are familiar with the not-for-profit sector and have worked with, or sat on, not-for-profit Boards.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with a business consulting / professional background who wants to be part of a unique network that builds a better Canada.
To explore this role further, please submit your resume and cover letter to Sheryl Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org. While we appreciate your interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
*DEADLINE SEPTEMBER 29th 5:00pm ET
LIFT Philanthropy Partners
LIFT is seeking a Director of Development to help raise funds and expand resources, someone passionate about the social sector seeking to use their professional experience to advance the work of Social Purpose Organizations across Canada. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Director of Development is responsible for creating and delivering a strategic corporate and foundation development program, including the development, management, and engagement of LIFT’s Partner Network (GIK/service contributions). The Director may also provide support to LIFT’s expanding individual giving program.
As the ideal candidate, you hold an Undergraduate Degree – preferably in Business with an emphasis on Entrepreneurial Studies, Marketing or Charitable Management – supplemented by at least 8-10 years of experience in an entrepreneurial / growth organization with a focus on marketing and business development. With a demonstrated commitment to social change and proven experience in both the for-profit and not-for-profit sectors, you have a successful track record of revenue generation in a senior fundraising/development role. A team player and relationship builder, you are collaborative and consultative possessing a positive, forward thinking entrepreneurial approach to all things. Your exceptional communications skills are expressed in your ability to write compelling and innovative proposals as well as reflected in your comfort presenting to small and large groups at all levels of seniority. Impact investing experience and knowledge of measuring social impact would be beneficial.
If you want to impact Canada’s social sector, creating lasting social and economic change, and growing the capacity for doing good, please email your resume and cover letter to David Hutchinson in Toronto at: LIFT.email@example.com or contact him at 1.866.499.6621.
Why work with LIFT?
LIFT is a leader in social innovation with proven experience mobilizing multiple sectors of society, including business, not-for-profit, community, philanthropic and government, to collaborate on positive social change. These partnerships enable us to create a greater social impact than any one organization could do on its own.
LIFT uses a venture philanthropy approach to work with social purpose organizations to make them more sustainable and effective at delivering measurable social impact in Canada. We provide these organizations with a valuable combination of skills, expertise and resources to improve their operations and increase their social impact. We select social purpose organizations that have a direct and positive effect on the health and productivity of Canadians so they can make positive and lasting contributions to the social and economic success of our country.
Our employees are at the heart of our efforts to be a leader in advancing positive and lasting social change. We support our team members to achieve their best, both personally and professionally.
- Represent a leading-edge organization that inspires others to make communities better for future generations
- Be part of a goal-oriented organization that is accountable to its employees and external stakeholders; one that supports employees to achieve their goals and rewards success
- Directly impact the growth of the business while being part of a dynamic work environment
- Be part of an organization that sees change before it occurs and meets that change head on
- Work in an organization that is reinventing itself to support social change
- Be part of workplace that promotes diversity of thought
- Collaborate with an experienced team of professionals who are dedicated to creating lasting social change
- Expand your own professional growth and leadership skills through individual and team-based projects
- Have direct access to executive mentoring and coaching
- Work in an organization where employees can constantly expand on their current skill sets
- Be part of an organization where you can apply your business strengths and expertise to make a significant difference for people and their communities
- Work in an environment where we support a healthy work/life balance, including flexible work hours and part-time work options
- Be part of an organization that provides a social element and supports having fun
- Employee benefits include medical, dental, RRSP, special paid days off, employee and family assistance program and staff events