LIFT Philanthropy Partners
LIFT is seeking a Director of Development to help raise funds and expand resources, someone passionate about the social sector seeking to use their professional experience to advance the work of Social Purpose Organizations across Canada. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Director of Development is responsible for creating and delivering a strategic corporate and foundation development program, including the development, management, and engagement of LIFT’s Partner Network (GIK/service contributions). The Director may also provide support to LIFT’s expanding individual giving program.
As the ideal candidate, you hold an Undergraduate Degree – preferably in Business with an emphasis on Entrepreneurial Studies, Marketing or Charitable Management – supplemented by at least 8-10 years of experience in an entrepreneurial / growth organization with a focus on marketing and business development. With a demonstrated commitment to social change and proven experience in both the for-profit and not-for-profit sectors, you have a successful track record of revenue generation in a senior fundraising/development role. A team player and relationship builder, you are collaborative and consultative possessing a positive, forward thinking entrepreneurial approach to all things. Your exceptional communications skills are expressed in your ability to write compelling and innovative proposals as well as reflected in your comfort presenting to small and large groups at all levels of seniority. Impact investing experience and knowledge of measuring social impact would be beneficial.
If you want to impact Canada’s social sector, creating lasting social and economic change, and growing the capacity for doing good, please email your resume and cover letter to David Hutchinson in Toronto at: LIFT.email@example.com or contact him at 1.866.499.6621.
LIFT Philanthropy Partners
LIFT is seeking a Director of Communications to help advance positive and lasting social change through the proactive communication of its work to corporations, partners, volunteers, social purpose organizations and the media. Reporting to the CEO, the Director, Communications will be responsible for leading the planning, development and implementation of LIFT’s strategic communications initiatives while providing organization-wide support to the heads of Impact, Corporate Support and Development. The Director is responsible for building brand and sector awareness, enhancing LIFT’s affinity, and engaging all stakeholders including corporate partners, funders and government.
As the ideal candidate, you hold an Undergraduate Degree – preferably in Business, Marketing or Communications – supplemented by at least 10 years of experience in a related management role which required successful collaboration with a diverse group of stakeholders. An outstanding communicator, both written and verbally, and a highly effective leader, you have successfully developed strategic marketing & communications plans within entrepreneurial environments and/or the not-for-profit sector. Knowledge of best practices in the use of social media to tell and share positive stories will be critical.
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior communications professional who wants to be part of a network that builds a better Canada.
To explore this exciting opportunity further, please contact Brian MacDonald, Kathryn Young, or Ken Werker in our Vancouver office at 604-685-0261. To apply for this position, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position title and organization you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Why work with LIFT?
LIFT is a leader in social innovation with proven experience mobilizing multiple sectors of society, including business, not-for-profit, community, philanthropic and government, to collaborate on positive social change. These partnerships enable us to create a greater social impact than any one organization could do on its own.
LIFT uses a venture philanthropy approach to work with social purpose organizations to make them more sustainable and effective at delivering measurable social impact in Canada. We provide these organizations with a valuable combination of skills, expertise and resources to improve their operations and increase their social impact. We select social purpose organizations that have a direct and positive effect on the health and productivity of Canadians so they can make positive and lasting contributions to the social and economic success of our country.
Our employees are at the heart of our efforts to be a leader in advancing positive and lasting social change. We support our team members to achieve their best, both personally and professionally.
- Represent a leading-edge organization that inspires others to make communities better for future generations
- Be part of a goal-oriented organization that is accountable to its employees and external stakeholders; one that supports employees to achieve their goals and rewards success
- Directly impact the growth of the business while being part of a dynamic work environment
- Be part of an organization that sees change before it occurs and meets that change head on
- Work in an organization that is reinventing itself to support social change
- Be part of workplace that promotes diversity of thought
- Collaborate with an experienced team of professionals who are dedicated to creating lasting social change
- Expand your own professional growth and leadership skills through individual and team-based projects
- Have direct access to executive mentoring and coaching
- Work in an organization where employees can constantly expand on their current skill sets
- Be part of an organization where you can apply your business strengths and expertise to make a significant difference for people and their communities
- Work in an environment where we support a healthy work/life balance, including flexible work hours and part-time work options
- Be part of an organization that provides a social element and supports having fun
- Employee benefits include medical, dental, RRSP, special paid days off, employee and family assistance program and staff events