Webinar: Building a plan
Author: Nicole Mezzarobba Ford
Managing for Impact is a webinar series LIFT produced to offer business expertise and advice for social purpose organizations. In this webinar, Michael Capus, senior manager at KPMG, discusses how to develop a business plan for your organization. Michael provides the following advice:
1. Consider the external forces that could impact your work: Complete SWOT and PESTLE analysis of the factors surrounding your organization.
2. Define your business model: Consider your organization’s vision, what outcomes you want to achieve, and who you wish to serve.
3. Define your operating model: Determine how your will implement your business model, considering five key elements:
- Services, functions and processes
- Organization and governance
- Partnerships, locations and infrastructure
- People and skills
4. Determine how your will measure results: Define your Theory of Change to determine what and how to measure the impact of your work.
Watch the webinar below for more information on building a business plan for your organization.
Interested in other webinars in the series? Visit LIFT’s YouTube channel!