LIFT provides the social purpose organizations in our portfolio with a multi-year package of support. Our highly engaged, specialized approach includes hands-on management support from our impact team, business expertise and resources from our national network of pro bono partners, and strategic funding made possible by the financial contributions of our investors. We leverage concepts of venture philanthropy that have been proven effective internationally. We apply a business mindset and resources to the social sector.
Venture philanthropy builds stronger social purpose organizations and helps them increase their impact on society. Just like venture capital investing in the business sector, it provides a multi-year package of high-engagement, non-financial support and strategic funding to proven charities, non-profits and social enterprises, to help them scale up.
HANDS-ON MANAGEMENT SUPPORT
- Our LIFT team provides hands-on management support to a small number of social purpose organizations over a defined period of time.
- We collaborate with the organizations to develop and implement a strategic LIFT plan to increase accountability, sustainability, evaluation processes, and effectiveness.
- With financial contributions from our investors, we focus on the core operations of the social purpose organizations to improve their sustainability and operations
- We focus on building capacity to achieve scalable and measurable growth in social impact.
- We engage an extensive national partner network of businesses, service providers and other professionals that provide pro bono expertise to meet the specific needs of the social purpose organizations.
- We leverage financial investments with the value-added expertise of our LIFT team and partner network to deliver measurable social impact.
We aim to be a leader in advancing positive and lasting social change.
We strengthen social purpose organizations to make them sustainable and effective at delivering social impact that improves the health and productivity of Canadians.