LIFT is hiring two SENIOR MANAGERS, SOCIAL IMPACT to join our Vancouver and Toronto Teams.
Please send your CV via email to email@example.com, quoting Senior Manager Application in the subject line and indicate whether you are applying for the Toronto or Vancouver position.
Senior Manager, Social Impact
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
The Senior Manager, Social Impact works directly with LIFT’s portfolio of social purpose organizations (SPOs) to support the planning, capacity building and scaling of these organizations to affect meaningful and measurable outcomes that drive social change.
In collaboration with a team of experienced professionals including our Social Impact team and Partner Network, you will be responsible for supporting the overall business goals of SPOs by driving the development and implementation of the LIFT engagement & project plan, including management of the plan, reporting against milestones, and directly providing hands-on management support.
In this key role, your accountabilities will include:
- Playing a key role in the evaluation & selection of SPOs including facilitating an organizational capacity assessment with selected SPOs.
- Drafting & revising the SPO-LIFT Plan with our SPOs including performance metrics.
- In conjunction with the SPOs, Partners, and LIFT team, co-leading the implementation of SPO projects (including workshop facilitation), ensuring that projects are aligned to LIFT’s methodology and standards.
- Supporting the SPOs’ leadership team with change management, coaching, and mentoring as required.
- Leading day-to-day operational aspects and SPO interaction & resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Supporting the work of LIFT’s Partner Network including project managing the scope of work and liaising between the SPO and Partners as needed.
- Conducting SPO post-engagement reviews to ensure quality, satisfaction, and deepening of relationships.
LIFT Philanthropy Partners is a national non-profit organization that believes vulnerable and at-risk Canadians deserve access to the tools and opportunities they need to thrive in society.
- Undergraduate degree in business or social services or psychology ideally coupled with an MBA. Additional leadership development or training/certification in project management or coaching is an asset.
- Seasoned social sector professional with minimum seven years of work experience in the social sector (either at a non-profit or a for-profit with social impact)
- Strategic and business planning experience
- Organizational development exposure
- Building and managing budgets
- Familiarity with NPO / SPO structures and needs, as well as working either on or with NPO Boards
- Board governance best practices
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills; written, oral, presentation and facilitation
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Project management with ability to manage multiple and competing priorities in a timely manner
- Understands financial models and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly
- Proficiency in both English and French is an asset
- Self-motivated, results driven, and solution focused
- Comfortable working independently and a strong team contributor
- Ability to see the larger strategic picture and also embraces the critical executional details
- Relationship builder across internal & external organizational levels
- Cultural sensitivity: ability to effectively handle cultural, political and economic differences
- Critical, logical and creative thinker and influencer
- Good, empathetic listener capable of readily building credibility and trust
- Comfortable with and enjoys frequent travel
Through hands-on management and pro bono contributions from its national network of leading experts and businesses, LIFT supports social purpose organizations to improve their operations, accountability and measurement practices, so they can deliver meaningful, lasting impact in Canada. LIFT is currently looking for two Senior Managers, one in Vancouver and one in Toronto.
To explore this opportunity please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Senior Manager Application in the subject line and indicate whether you are applying for the Toronto or Vancouver position. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.