We are passionate about building a better Canada.
Your opportunity to make a difference.
Are you passionate about social impact and making a difference in the lives of all Canadians?
Do you thrive in a collaborative environment?
Are you detail oriented but also able to see the big picture?
LIFT Philanthropy Partners is a national non-profit organization that believes vulnerable and at-risk Canadians deserve access to the tools and opportunities they need to thrive in society. Once a provincial enterprise, LIFT is now a national impact organization; we have offices in Toronto and Vancouver and have worked with Social Purpose Organizations (“SPOs”) from coast-to-coast-to-coast. Through our partnerships with SPOs, we are giving more underserved Canadians access to the foundations of a prosperous life: health, education and skills development leading to employment. By combining hands-on management expertise with pro bono contributions from its national network of leading experts, LIFT supports SPOs to improve their operations, accountability and measurement practices, so they can deliver meaningful, lasting impact in Canada.
Knowledge Coordinator, Social Impact – Toronto or Vancouver
The Knowledge Coordinator, Social Impact acts as the glue to ensure the entire Social Impact Team (SIT) is working together efficiently. The Knowledge Coordinator plays a critical role to provide administrative support to the social impact team and champion knowledge sharing so that LIFT’s expertise, learnings, and experience are shared across all teams. The Knowledge Coordinator will provide support to the Social Impact Team (SIT) in knowledge management, including capturing and disseminating successful practices, file storage and management, and administration, including coordinating team meetings, logistics, and communication. In this role, you will coordinate the planning, organization, and delivery of tools and resources that support LIFT to achieve its social impact goals while also providing administrative and logistical support.
The position may be based in either Vancouver or Toronto.
In this key role, your accountabilities will include:
- Acts as project coordinator for various Knowledge Management projects, identifying creative, efficient, and effective ways to share ideas and information and facilitate collaboration and coordinating inputs from across the Social Impact Team
- Promote collaborative tools to facilitate sharing of ideas and work among internal teams and external partners and advocate for staff use of collaboration platforms and document management systems
- Ensure that knowledge resources are readily available and distributed
- Manage Social Impact Team tools, including team management documents and resource and tool catalogues
- Drive awareness on key tools and systems and engage staff across the team to actively use these tools
- Monitor the effectiveness of knowledge management tools and systems
- Coordinate team meeting correspondence, including meeting logistics, minutes, and record keeping, and other functions as required
- Provide administrative support to Pod and cohort activity, as requested, such as event logistics
- Manage LIFT’s file management system, including recommendations to streamline and enhance file storage in a user-friendly manner
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of systems, technology, and processes to manage SPO activities
- Coordinate LIFT’s social media activity and manage LIFT’s website updates
- Serve as technology champion to help team better utilize and leverage different technology tools
- Coordinate team inputs for SIT-wide reports (including Board Reports) and presentations, support compilation and formatting
- Manage and maintain calendar of SIT-wide activities
- Coordinate LIFT’s webinar activities, including organizing LIFT’s webinar calendar, including registrations, webinar logistics, and technology logistics
- Manage and respond to Expressions of Interest from potential SPOs received by LIFT
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and solution focused
- Comfortable working independently and a strong team contributor
- Detail-oriented and well-organized
- Ability to see the larger strategic picture and also embrace the critical executional details
- Relationship builder across internal & external organizational levels
- Cultural sensitivity: ability to effectively handle cultural, political, and economic differences
- Critical, logical, and creative thinker and influencer
- Good, empathetic listener capable of readily building credibility and trust
- Undergraduate Degree – business and/or social service degree
- Evidence of ongoing learning
- Demonstrated knowledge management and administration experience in an entrepreneurial and learning oriented environment
- Minimum two years’ work experience in the social sector (either at a non-profit or a for-profit with social impact)
- Experience coordinating and supporting multi-functional teams
- Familiarity with not-for-profit and/or SPO structures and needs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; written, oral, presentation, and facilitation
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Project management with ability to manage multiple and competing priorities in a timely manner
- Team player with excellent skills in building and maintaining relationships
- Computer proficiency with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Resourceful approach to addressing problems and implementing creative solutions.
To explore this opportunity please apply via email to email@example.com quoting Knowledge Coordinator Application in the subject line by Friday, November 8. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.